Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

'Morning' Sickness 2011

So I don't remember exactly what my 'morning' sickness was like with Maia I know it only started in the morning but lasted all day for a while. I remember starting to feel better around 20 weeks! But I was in school, so I was busy always had things to keep my mind on. This time around has been different for sure because now J is in school and I am chasing a toddler around instead of school. Still something to keep me busy. But man oh man this time has been rough! It's getting better but I do still get sick. I actually only took a pregnancy test because I was getting nauseated in the mornings, and low and behold it was positive. ;)

But it has just been so intense I wanted to document it somewhere and sometimes its easier to put up here. From about 6 weeks the all day sickness was so intense and only got worse throughout the day that I actually asked my doctor for some medicine to help. They were great about it and gave me something I have taken before and found effective. Unfortunately my insurance will only allow me to have 12 pills per month. With 30 days in a month and the pills only lasting a few hours at a time I knew that wasn't going to work. So at a real appointment I asked for help with what to do. They gave me another one that my insurance doesn't have issues with, but it can make one very sleepy. I'm already sleepy. But it helped a lot for when things get worse at night I could take it and go to bed.

One day it was so bad I could hardly do anything. Maia read books and watched mElmo like a good little girl it was very helpful, and I felt quite guilty for not really doing anything with her; But I was so sick and upset about being sick and feeling so over it I asked my husband for a blessing. And it helped me a lot to remember things I know, that I wont be tested beyond my abilities and this too SHALL pass!! Which I really needed to hear, and to be reminded of all the people around me that are so willing to help me out when I need it, I just need to ask. So that has helped give me some extra stamina and strength to get through this.

I am now at 12 weeks and 4 days things HAVE improved, I haven't had nausea intense enough to take one of the pills for a week and a half now. Which feels like a giant accomplishment! But I do still get the nausea. Like this morning has been rough, yesterday afternoon was rough but  I'm getting there!
My little baby is now about the size of a lime, and my big girl Maia is still on the shrimpy side :) a whopping 22lbs! She is so fun and happy and very supportive for a toddler. Every time I've paid my respects to the porcelain throne she comes up behind me and pats my back, and it just brings tears to my eyes she is so sweet and doesn't even know how much little things like that help me out! Then often she will spit in the toilet too and be so proud of herself that I just smile :) and give her a good squeeze.

 Speaking of my sweet girl I just have to post this photo of her showing off at my parents house when we went to visit for Scott's farewell

She had no clue why we all thought it was so funny :) Just that we were laughin



Maia 19 months
This is my Sweet Little Princess I'd be so sad without her. Even when she wakes me up too early or doesn't want to go to bed until too late I still LOVE her. I am so grateful to be responsible for such a sweet spirit. I am one lucky Mama!!


But let us not forget my J! He is the most supportive man in ever. He is at school all day and then will still come home and cook dinner or play with his little girl or let me take a nap or whatever I need. Even bringing me my orange juice w/ bubbles that has helped me so much! I am so grateful that I get to have him forever. 
I've really got it all :)

My 'Yockey' star :)

My smiley girl


Pregnant sickness or not I know I am truly well taken care of



2 comments:

  1. Steph! congrats on baby #2! you guys have such a cute family!!! That stinks that you haven't been feeling well i hope it only lasts for a little while longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys!!!
    I am sorry you are so sick!
    I am sure you have tried lots of stuff for it. I wonder if Shaylene has any ideas?

    ReplyDelete