Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dreams

Do you ever have strange dreams and wonder if they might mean something? This is just something I have always had some interest in and I've learned a lot about some things regarding dream meanings and I like to analyze my dreams.

I have had some crazy dreams lately and some repeat offenders! But I often look things about them up in online dream dictionaries like this one.
A few days ago I had a dream (yes I totally still remember it) with a guy I used to date and his brothers, being so mean to me! In real life those brothers didn't really like me so much, in this dream they were being super rude and gross and making me serve them snacks at my own house! Then my Jesse shows  up and gives them the what for! Yes I dreamt of my husband beating up guys being mean to me. Wanna know the weirdest part?! Jesse had a similar dream the very next day! I mention I dreamt of him beating up boys in my dream but never said who or too many details, and so he starts telling me his dream. We were dating again and I was super tiny (short too) and my ex-boyfriends brothers were pushing me around and well being ruuuude so he beat them up for messing up with his girl. Only then did I tell him more details from my dream, uh goosebumps anyone?!
It was very interesting to look up some meanings from these dreams because depending on how you look them up they can symbolize different things. So I searched this one as protection cuz I was being protected from mean boys, right? So when I looked it up it was very interesting to me to read this:

To dream that you are being protected or need protection, indicates that you are feeling helpless in some situation. Life's difficulties has made you dependable on others. You need to start taking charge of the situation.


What was so interesting to me was that the only real life situation I feel is out of my control is all the darn nausea and bloating and fatigue I have been having with being pregnant. Can be difficult to take charge of that situation but I will try?
Last night I had another dream with similar connotations from dream moods. I had a dream where my teeth were falling out. Didn't even have to do anything they were just falling out and my mouth was full of teeth that were not attached...it was awful I was doing all sorts of stuff and my teeth would just fall out, then the dentist could fix them. But I would go and do more stuff and they would fall right back out! Click here to read all about Teeth dreams. I wanted to quote a couple of parts I found interesting:

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth symbolize power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across
and this:
A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicates that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks, rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.


Yeah so the powerlessness showing up again was very interesting, and the just not being able to get your point across I can think of a couple of situations where that occurs. One of them being with my one year old definitely. But some others with some projects etc that I am working on. The second part that caught my eye was surprising, I didn't think teeth could be spiritually representative. Cuz I know for sure that I have been slacking in my personal scripture study and I know that always help me be more at ease and able to cope with situations that come up and surprise me. 


So I think I have a couple of things to work on and it took dreaming up a storm to get my attention. I think dreams are cool and I like to analyze how my brain is trying to tell me what I need to remember or realize :)

No comments:

Post a Comment