Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Yummy yummy!! I really like asian cuisine lately (last pregnancy all I wanted was mexican) and I was particularly missing lettuce wraps so I googled. And I found hundreds of recipes some the same some strange so I took the 3 easiest ones I found and combined and added based on what was in my kitchen (minus a quick trip to the store for some water chestnuts) Here are my best guesses at measurements cuz I didn't measure anything...

Ingredients:
5 chicken breast tenderloins (and we had no left overs!!)
couple shakes of McCormick Montreal Chicken
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (from the jar style)
2 tsp dehydrated minced onion (used all my onion for sunday dinner oops)
1- 8oz can water chestnuts sliced and drained
1/4 bag of frozen veggies (again what I had on hand..)
1 cup Teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice (or 1/2 fresh lime would be good)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (reduced sodium)
1 1/2 Dash of Ground Ginger
1 Tbsp Cornstarch/ Flour (or more depend how think you want the sauce)
olive oil for cooking (I did once around the pan..)

I diced up the chicken while heating up a small amount of oil in a skillet
add onions and garlic to skillet, toast
add chicken and Montreal seasoning cook until chicken is no longer pink
add vegetables stir until frozen ones are thawed
add Ginger, Teriyaki, Soy sauces and lime juice, combine
then add Cornstarch/Flour until you reach desired thickness of sauce (i made it a bit thicker so the wraps wouldn't be too runny)
let simmer a few minutes
Serve with Large lettuce leaves for wrapping
Yes I couldn't wait to take a bite before I took a photo too tasty :)


All I had on hand was romaine lettuce and it didn't want to wrap very well so after a very messy first attempt we tore up the next few pieces to finish off a little more like a salad. Even Maia ate all hers! With a little help from daddy and his  airplanes ;)


So that was our tasty dinner which I will definitely make again, maybe even try switching things up or even following a recipe :) But I'll definitely try with a more pliable lettuce :)
All in all DELICIOUS

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! It's only 9:30 but that sounds delicious!
    So I have a recipe request...member how you made the Cafe Rop green dressing? How do you make that? I think I'm craving a salad in the next couple days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And of course, "Rop" is code for Rio...

    ReplyDelete