Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dilemmas...help!

Recently my sweet little girl has decided she no longer wants to sleep through the night. In fact she has decided we all need to wake up at at least 6am to play. So put her to bed later right? Wrong, we tried putting her to bed an hour later even an hour and a half later and even with how exhausted she was she was still up the next day at 6:15! The 7:30am she was doing was tough enough for me, but now its nearly impossible. Jesse has been an awesome help of course he goes and picks her up and brings her to our bed thinking maybe it was a bad dream she'll go back to sleep. She then proceeds to tell stories and ask for baba and its impossible.
Help we don't know what to do! She's been well adjusted she's only been teething like the last 6 months but no new bumps or swelling in her mouth...and mommy and daddy are tired!!

Along with her waking up early my body has also been waking me up too early. Not only do I dream about food now I wake up at 5am STARVING!! Most nights I just have some water and try to go back to sleep, since my window of opportunity is growing ever shorter to sleep. When I drink too much water on an empty stomach I start to get really nauseated, and have on more than one occasion had to get up to throw up.. something needs to change. Last night I tried having a protein shake before bed so there was something to help my blood sugar level last a little more. Didn't help. Woke up around 5am starving water helped none and about 20 minutes into trying to sleep who but Maia wakes up and starts screaming. Ignoring has not helped she doesn't go back to sleep...I guess we can try harder... We just don't know what to do! I am trying to change her nap time to make it earlier and its a work in progress. She is tired all morning as am I poor kid gets to play with a cranky mom. I seem to be leaving my patience in my bed with my appetite.
Losing all this sleep I am becoming even more forgetful than normally as a pregnant woman. Like last night I left the groceries in the car, somethings were fine cuz they didn't require refrigeration, like toothpaste, but the pork roast we got for Sunday dinner was an unfortunate casualty. I've also left laundry for days, and messed up the cutest baby blanket for my sister in law (I'm still mad about it, I know I can fix it but I'm just mad so I'm not even gonna go near it for a little while). I'll find the remembering part eventually...I think...I feel like Dori from Finding Nemo!

  Here is what Maia has to say on the subject:

 n       m                         m  n                                                         mm       j                                                                      cccnnb   xn m ,s
k kl    c   vvnhjknhknhkjhjkjjjhjh          hj hz             nn

followed by "fishies! fishies meeenmo!  "

2 comments:

  1. LOL, oh I am so sorry! I love reading your post. Porter has always been an early bird. I just put his favy cartoon on and go back to sleep. He still wakes up in the night and I just go and give his binky and leave. If he continues to cry and know he ok then I just let him and he usually goes back to sleep. Hope that helps. As far as being starving...eat some cereal...that what I always did:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH snap! Kiddie sleep is the worst!
    I am with Kerry, make sure she is ok and comfort a little then let her be. Can you just leave her in her room? Super baby-proofed, of course! (try to avoid the tv if you can, hard habit to break and not the best for kids frequently)
    And eat somethin' dangit!!! Poor girlie!

    ReplyDelete