Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And blog #2 as per request CafeRop :)

Cafe Rio yummy!
3 fresh tomatillos cut into quarters.
1 package of Hidden valleys buttermilk dressing powder. 
1 cup of mayonaise. 
1/3-1/2 cup of buttermilk. 
1 cup cilantro. 
6 Green onions roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves minced/crushed. 
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper(optional- I dont use quite this much, I have also seen variations in recipes using green tabasco sauce and jalapeno but I am wimpy when its spicy cilantro adds enough spice for me) 


Put all the ingredients into a blender of food processor and blend until smooth.
Makes Lots of dressing, I stored mine in old spaghetti sauce jars and this filled one and a half jars. And I have posted another recipe I think where I used some of the extra dressing for the base of some chili that was amazing and quite green :)




For chicken that is similar to Cafe Rios I just season to flavor with honey, cumin powder, and garlic salt and fry it in some olive oil. Or you can cook it in the crockpot in Chicken Broth, little water and a Packet of taco seasoning I have also added 1 can of green chilies before.


 If you want to do the pork or beef I have this recipe I have never used, but I hear its good I just get nervous sometimes with new recipes that make large quantities. 


5 lbs pork
1 pkg onion soup mix
12 oz Dr. Pepper
4 oz taco sauce
1 c brown sugar
dash cumin
1 pkg taco seasoning

Sprinkle soup mix over roast. Cover with water 1/2 way. Cook on high 4 to 6 hours. Drain. Shred.
Add remaining ingredients, stir until mixed. Cook 1 more hour..
 Pork shoulder can take up to 10 hours on low in a crock pot to shredd well, Another reason I haven't tried it yet because that is a very Long time here is another recipe I have for same thing:


2-3 pounds of meat. 
1 bottle of A-1 sauce. 
1/2 tsp pepper. 
1 1/2 cup salsa. 
juice of two limes.
 3/4 cup brown sugar.
cook in crock pot on low for 7-8 hours.




Can make burritos or salads or whatever dish you are craving!
So this is making me very hungry I think we will be having some for dinner very soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment