Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

62 hours and counting!


Yes I haven't blogged in quite a while! So lets start from Summer break! What a road trip we took! It was long, approximately 62 hours round trip, but we had a great time! I was just able to upload all of the photos and videos from out time in Canada. But we should start at the beginning!

Right after finals we MOVED! (those photos to come in a diff post) So if moving right after FINALS isn't enough stress we left for Denver after only 2 nights in our new home! It was a lot! And I still don't have EVERYTHING together in the house yet, but we are functional! We just ignore the basement mess its a work in progress!  So for the vacationing! I forgot TONS of  stuff! I was a little rushed (I know I did this to myself though) We get to the hotel in Kearney (about halfway to Denver) and I realized I left our over night bag in my bedroom. Awesome. So we bought toothbrushes and figured we'd get everything else when we got to my parents. 13 hours to Denver, check!We spent 2 nights there with my family just relaxing as you should on vacation! Then 8 hours to Utah, we stayed with my sister Karly in PG, but guess what I forgot this time? that's right the battery to my camera! I charged it the last night we were in town and I packed the cord and left the battery on the counter. Perfect, lucky me we had the camcorder with us and it takes still shots! Not highest quality but still we had something!
 So here is Mai playing at Auntie Karly's house
Bag of bracelets = perfect purse

Maia self photo

So since we were only in Utah for 36 hours we made sure we got to see family! My Uncle Mark and Aunt Anjanette came to visit us in PG! They brought my cousins Laura, Samantha and Melissa the other 3 were various other places like Florida and Youth Conference so I'll forgive them :) It was great to see them though, and it was their first time meeting Maia! Later that evening we went up to SLC. We first went to visit our sweet niece Marie, who would be 5 this year!




I wish we could be closer and able to visit more often, but we think of her lots. After our visit we went and had a BBQ with Aaron and his girl Samantha! Yes we finally met Sam!! We had some awesome food and fun and then the next morning on our way out we had breakfast with them on our way out of town.




Then we stopped by my Aunt Janet and Uncle Randy's in Bountiful. We didn't get to stay for long but it was great to stop and chat with them! We then continued 4 hours to Rexburg Idaho! We got to spend the night with Lisa in her new place (it's gorgeous!) and she gave us the BYUI tour. And we got to have us some Frontier Pies! I had never even heard of it, but it was good food and tasty pie. I have lots of friends in Rexburg but unfortunately was not able to get to see any of them this time around! Hopefully there's a next time!

BYUI gardens with Auntie Lisa!

we like waterfalls :)
From there it was only 8 hours more to Cardston, AB where we spent the next week. We stayed with Sunny and Don and got to see nearly everyone! Lots of hangin out with the kids, we also got to take some time and go to Lethbridge for some Boston Pizza! Delicious! We got some fun pictures at the Birds of Prey Sanctuary.
the kids got to hold an Owl!

Maia was a little nervous



caught him and dinner time

Hedwig!

Playin with games at Grandmas!


Jesse and lil Griffin

No trip to Canada is complete without time at Grandpas Ranch!
Maia liked the cats a lot, they liked her back.

She also loved watching the horses! She did get to ride one too!

and danced and sang on the truck bed



"where they go?"

She really wanted to go after the horses once they got put away for the night, watch and see :)

lots of fun and family in Canada!




Happy Independence Day! 

We spent the 4th in Billings, Mt in a hotel cuz we were so tired from the 8 hour trip there. The next morning we drove 7 hours more to Denver. Where we stayed a few more days before heading 13 hours back home. When we left for Iowa this time we brought my lil sis Mandy with us!! It was so great to have her here with us! We love her so much, and Maia already misses Auntie 'Di-di"
Yaya taught her all different ways to get wet; the pond

the tub

and the rain!

Road trip with Auntie Mandy!

Such a cute little girl, loves having her own suitcase! 

Well that's our summer trip I'll post about the rest later!

No comments:

Post a Comment