Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Jesse's Turn 20 Questions


I found this on a friends blog and thought since my Anniversary is tomorrow it was a fun fitting thing to do, talk all about my dear love :)

20 Questions

1. Where did you meet?
I met Steph at her ward about the end of Feb of 2008. I was in the process of moving to my condo in Springville and currently was living in a freezing cold basement of some guys who were in my former ward, thanks to being recently booted out of Mareo's townhouse due to his getting married. So I went to Church with my buddy Russ, and he was telling me he had a friend he wanted me to meet. But sadly she was a no-show (obviously inactive, not my type :) ) So as I was sitting there lookin around I saw this girl in a white shirt and yellow skirt, sitting by herself. I was like "hey who is that girl?" Russ pretended he didnt know, but secretly he knew since he had given Steph a ride to institute prior to this event. So after Church I said "Hi" to Steph but she completely blew me off! How rude! So then what happened? I talked to Russ and was like, "Ok so i tried talking to that girl at Church ( I think by then i found out her name curtesy of the ward menu) and was like you think you could introduce me? He said yeah let me ask her. And then after he said just send her a message on facebook and tell her who you are and she will give you her number. Russ already had given me her number but I wasnt gonna cold call her ya know? I mean I had done like 5 years of sales and knew Cold Calling was "Less Effective" as the missionary term was. So yeah I ended up getting permission to call, we talked for 90 minutes and hit it off, went to Magleby's before I flew out to New Jersey and I thought about her every day I was there, and had the best sales numbers of my entire life! So after that, I obviously took care of business, she dropped her other suitors and the rest was history. 
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
 "Thats a mighty fine looking wood skirt that girl is wearing..."


3. Do you remember what he/she was wearing?
White cute shirt and a "wood" skirt. Its still one of my favorites.
4.Where was the first time you kissed this person?
Ok so after 6 years of playing the field I knew a few tricks. First off you should try to get the girl interested in you before you try to kiss her. Done. Trick two, you should always wait one extra date after you are sure she will let you kiss her before you try. Not done. Oh well second date kiss but it was a short one on her doorstep. And it led the way for her to get her other boys outta town!

5. Where did you go for your first date?
I will just keep Stephs answer for this one.


Well I kinda told the story of breakfast at Maglebys and our second date we saw 10,000 BC and out third date was pretty awesome. You see he had just bought a Condo in Springville and had no furniture so we went furniture shopping and everyone thought we were married haha. And we tried out beds and he ended up picking the mattress I liked, and still own. So on my third date I picked out my bed and its still an awesome bed, then we went and watched the Flames game and I met his sisters Lisa and Liberty. 


6. How long did you know this person before you became a couple?
I also like Stephs answer on this one.

Well, I had some boys to break things off with. Jesse was only in town every other week with his job, which meant when he was in town we saw each other like everyday and when he was gone we chatted on MSN every night, and texted too. It took like 2 weeks, one of him gone and one of seeing him everyday. The weekend happened to be Gen Conference and I drove to Grand Junction and met up with the  guy I'd been 'engaged too' and knew I should not be with him. I'd had some really good talks with J and I thought about him the whole time I was on the date with other guy and when other guy cried at the end of our date it was like set in stone done for me.


7. How did he/she ask you out?
I asked her out, but it took lots of figuring out on my part cause I had the suspicion Russ had a little crush on her as well. No disrespect to Russ but he is not her type... 
8. Has this person ever proposed to you?
Im pretty sure I proposed to this person not vise versa...
So we'd been planning on going to breakfast on the 4th and goin on a hike or somethin up the canyon so i wasnt expecting anything! (which is exactly how i wanted it to be!) We went and ate breakfast at Magelby's , which is where we had our first date :) and it was PACKED!! haha but tasty! then we headed up the canyon. We tried to go up to Bridal Veil Falls first but it was way crowded so we left; we then proceeded to Sundance. We hiked up to a waterfall up there and it was very warm outside! But we got to the top and jesse was complaining about his knee hurting he'd been wearing his brace and stuff and so instead of sitting by me he got up and walked behind me. (and in my head i was kinda thinking "oh come on you baby just sit down" haha!) THEN he gets on his knee next to me and puts this ring in front of me! I gasped and he asked me to marry him :) I said yes and cried a little and then we started texting people.. cuz strangely we had perfect cell service on top of that mountain



Steph also forgot to mention the Random Couple that walked up on us like seconds after I proposed. They were like "Oh hi" I gave them my Indian Stare Down and they realized when they saw the ring and the box and got out of Dodge before I booted them out of Dodge. 


9. Do you and this person have kids together?
Yes, a Daughter Maia who is almost 2! I can hardly believe it, and we are expecting our second daughter the first week in March (relatively of course :))


Amen. 
10.Have you ever broken the law with this person?
Only speeding...I think..


I would go ahead and say speeding doesnt really count. When i think of breaking the law I figure things that are at least misdemeanors right? I mean who hasnt sped at least once in their entire life?? Good thing we have the opportunity to repent eh?
11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person?
Im pretty sure when i first saw her in Church I was like that girl is cute. But thing is I also wasnt positive until the aforementioned trip to see her ex bf. I knew after I got a call from her that she trusted me and I felt right that i was to be the one protecting her even if it was just her hearing my voice.

12. Do you get along with his/her family?
Yeah, most of them at least. :) I mean I have heard that my personality can rub people the wrong way, especially certain members of the family :) But I really like her family and enjoy my trips out to Denver to see them. And I know she loves my family, and honestly I think I can name 2 or 3 of my family who like Steph more than me! Nyree cough cough Nyree!!!!

13. Do you trust this person?
Completely

14. What is your favorite thing about this person?
Man probably the fact that we are ALWAYS on the same page. Like there are times when we say even some stupid things like "thats what she said" like at the exact same time. Its silly but we are really good match, and I love how she is such a good mama to our little girl, and teach her how to be big and to help. Its awesome. I also love how she is 100 percent supportive of me in everything I do. 
15. What is the best gift he/she gave you?
Well there arent just one gift that she has given me more like a lot of little ones that are the best. Like for example our first anniversary she made a little picture book of our engagement and wedding pics and had the lyrics of our wedding song "Breathe" by Angels and Airwaves pasted on each picture. It was just really cool. But yeah every gift she gives is from the heart and it is awesome. 
16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves?
Hmmmm. I think my biggest pet peeve with Steph is that she doesnt know when to say no. And thats not always a bad thing but when people expect her to do a bunch of things she doesnt have the time or energy to do she never says no, oh and a good example is like being at her parents house. Her mom works nights so she stays up a lot later than Steph and so like at midnight she wants to talk and hang out and Steph knows she needs sleep but she doesnt go to bed! HAHA thats pretty much it though, she is like the best wife ever. 
17. Where do you see each other 15 years from now?
Pretty much not in Iowa. Haha, ok for real I want to have a successful clinic and to still be exercising, and helping my 17 year 0ld Maia get ready for college! Oh and maybe have a boy or two I can teach to be awesome. 

18. What causes the most arguments?
Lack of Food or lack of sleep. Thats pretty much it, we rarely argue at all and when we do we both know its from one of those two things. 
19. How long have you been together?
Three and a half years.

20. Are you married?
Yes, Happily. 3 years today!

No comments:

Post a Comment