Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fried Chicken

Today I made the BEST fried chicken!! It was the first time I’ve made fried chicken like this but it definitely wont be the last!! Here is the recipe:

  • 2 Tbsp garlic powder, or to taste
  • 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 Tbsp Season All
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
  • 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed (will vary based on size of frying pan)
  1. Soak Chicken in COLD salted water for approx. 30 minutes or Buttermilk for 1-4 hours (I used cold water)
  2. In a shallow dish, mix together the garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika, bread crumbs and flour. In a separate dish, whisk together the milk and egg and Season All (or more paprika).
  3. Heat the oil in an electric skillet set to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Dip the chicken into the egg and milk, then dredge in the dry ingredients until evenly coated. Let chicken sit in coating while oil heats to help coating to stick better.
  4. Fry chicken in hot oil 5 minutes then flip. Continue to fry flipping occasionally until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear/ internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. You can cover the chicken between flipping to help avoid oil burns.

 

Anyway it was fantastic, would work well to bake it too! Currently I am baking a cherry pie! I have not had one since I was pregnant and made one pretty much weekly! Something about fall and winter brings out my craving to bake! So please friends come over so Jesse and I don’t eat it all!!

Speaking of Jesse and eating! Jesse and our friend Jordan Merrill recently did the ketoses diet. For 5 days they ate little to NO CARBS! It was intense, on the very last day they went and worked out super hard then got to come home and carb it up!! This is Jesse enjoying his hard earned french toast with plenty of peanut butter and syrup and a sobe!

DSCF4577

This little baby is soo silly! This precious shirt she is wearing I got for her at Target; cute right? I showed it to her as we were walking around not intending to buy it I just like to show her stuff, she is in training to shop after all. Beneath the picture of the cake it says ‘Pretty Please?’ so what does she do? Put it straight to her mouth! The girls wants cake! I will resist the urge to give it to her for 2 more months when she has her birthday! I hope!

DSCF4581

No comments:

Post a Comment