Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Canada


We have made it to Canada! I know I know I have completely skipped like a year of our lives and even over our cruise and graduation...I'll get there. This one is on the beginning of our journey here in Canada! Graduation was friday afternoon, so we of course celebrated with some Texas Roadhouse (ate WAY too much, but so so delicious) we then went home to pack the trucks. We were able to get everything we had left into two pick ups and one tow behind uhaul. and suitcases in the van, we sold a LOT. It took three days to drive from Davenport. We stopped in Sioux Falls and saw some family on Saturday after graduation. It was great to see friendly faces while traveling (isn't it always). Our second day drive was definitely our longest. We drove Sioux Falls to Billings. Took us about 10 hours and eventually everyone got to the same hotel.
Monday we got began the final leg of our journey! Only 6 hour drive, took a little longer with potty breaks of course. The last and final anxiety was crossing the border. It took me 6 months to fill out the paper work for immigration for myself, and like 30 minutes to get everything ready for the girls stuff. But I sent it in and in April they received it and put it into the system. When we got to the border Jesse had all of our documents in the truck with him and I had nothing, Liberty had hers at least. The officer was not too pleased with me. So he made sure I knew to not leave my documents in different vehicle again... He also gave me a hard time for crossing at the border we did! Kept saying they are not an immigration crossing because they are so small and if anyone came to the border we would not be given any priority. I wasn't expecting any priority actually so I agreed. We pulled off to the side and parked. We then ventured inside to go through whatever was instore. At this point I was about to cry, I already felt I had done so many things wrong and he was gonna make me turn around and go to coutts. Jesse saw the look on my face as I walked into the building with both girls and I could see got a little concerned. At this point they'd been quite pleasant to him! Saved the scare tactics for me, the one who is terrified of getting in trouble! He went and parked his truck before joining us inside.

Inside they gave me a hard time again saying I needed to do my research I was moving to Canada! Then asked me to sit while he pulled some things up on the computer. So I sat and tried not to cry. I was shaking by this point. He proceeded to search for my info on the computer. When he found I was already in the system everything about the way they talked to me changed. PHEW Which was also when Jesse walked in..I had my list of everything we were bringing and estimated values and we filled out some forms and had a little interview and then we were on our way. I just need to do a couple things to get the van imported but man did they shake me up at first! All it took was them to realize I DID do my homework! But I was polite and let them do their jobs so it went pretty well.

Now we are in Cardston working on growing the practice G has already started. J is working on marketing and getting a new sign up and seeing where we can share what we know and love about Chiropractic!


thanks to Joyanne Miller for digitizing our logo that Jesse drew!

No comments:

Post a Comment