Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another Observation

So we live in an apartment, we have neighbors above and on one side. Its not too bad most of the time but I've decided it's ok that I don't know my upstairs neighbors. In fact it's probably better that I don't; I'm sure I would feel incredibly awkward meeting them by the things I've heard coming from their home. I know there is at least a her and a him that live there. I've heard her phone conversations (maybe she's a loud talker?), I've heard someone pace the front room, nearly everytime I'm in the shower I hear that someone up stairs ALSO is in the shower (which is kinda really weird...). But the most awkward 'I don't want to look you in the face on purpose' factor is the noises that go Bump, Bump, Bump in the night. Great for them and their relationship but come on 3am every Sunday (well I should say Monday I guess) is that really the best time to make all the noise? Bumps and hollers and sometimes even screams, because of the fact at 3 am  and that we live in Davenport I'm pretty sure alcohol is often involved at the early morn encounters, but if I hear all sorts of noises at all times of the day and night wonder what my neighbors think of me? Even walking through the hallway you can hear peoples conversations from inside their apartments; maybe we just have very thin walls. Maybe my neighbors complain about how my baby at 1 still doesn't sleep through the night, or when she slams the doors? I don't know but I don't think I'll really be finding out on purpose.

Another thing to look at as we are looking for a new place to live, hopefully the sale of our condo goes through soon so that we can be free of that debt and have the financial freedom to pay for a place a little bit nicer. Maybe even one with a basement! I would just love a washer and dryer, or even hook ups for them seeing as we have the machines they are just in utah at the moment. So we're on the lookout but if we can't find anything, it will be interesting to see if we do get to know our neighbors; and any awkwardness that might ensue.

1 comment: