Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Jaxon Alexander Thor Fox

My sweet boy b welcome to the world!
My whole pregnancy i had a feeling my labor would be quick. This time I focused more on preparing myself for the event. I felt he would come  fast but honestly not  as fast as he did!
So here's his story.
I had been counting as June17th as my due date for majority of the pregnancy. That was the first date I'd calculated. Ultrasound pushed me back a week, same thing happened when I was pregnant with Maia and she was two weeks early. The first date I get is usually my most accurate. Starting the last week of May I started getting those regular contractions, just like I'd had with Londyn pregnancy. However they didn't really hurt, but were annoying. For two weeks we waited, every night I'd go to bed sure that I'd wake up and be in motion to meet my baby. I had other signs as well, bowels and effacement etc. But no magic.
Friday June 12th I was she would be the day, my mom was having hernia  repair surgery that day. She'd messaged me saying as soon as she woke up its baby time. We were totally game. Karly had been with us going on two weeks. We were certain I was ready. Then my mom had trouble waking up. In her words she went under fire her hernia to be fixed and woke up over a week later with a new grandbaby.
You see they nicked her bowel while making the repair. My mom had colon cancer in 2002. Part of her treatments was radiation therapy, some healthy bowel was affected, but still functioning. The part they nicked happened to be affected by that radiation, causing other issues. They did not discover her leaking bowel for 3 days. Meanwhile she ballooned. She just kept swelling, and they couldn't figure out why for three days. Finally they just went in to explore. They found the leak, but could not make the stitches stick. They did a bunch of things and she continued to swell. So much so they could not close up her belly. They kept her sedated. I was freaking stressed out. I asked my husband for a blessing. (For my friends that don't know what I'm talking about message me I'd be happy to full you in). The comfort I received to sum up was to focus on me and let my mom out of my mind. It was very very difficult. My husband and midwife could see my struggle. So we made a plan. I had my membranes stripped, and Friday if nothing had come off it we would talk about more options.
We did not want my extra stresses to affect the baby. Thursday karly the girls and I went to Waterton. We had a blast. That night was average, I started feeling backed up so I took a tiny bit of castor oil, cuz I had some. It's so gross, I didn't even get a full dose.I also took my cal/mag supplement. I did have a few painful contractions but by this point thought nothing of it and went to bed after using the heating pad to relax my muscles.
I woke up at 230am needing the bathroom. I was having much stronger contractions, but figured it sad the castle oil and it would pass. By 330 I still couldn't go back to bed and itwoke Jesse. After 15 minutes of me assuring him nothing was happening he called my midwife. I had not timed contractions at all but couldn't be still or talk during them. She asked to talk to me, but I was throwing up. She said she'd be right there. She had a 15 min drive to my house, when she arrived she was able to check baby heart beat and it was great. She went to unpack her things at that point while I repeated to myself "I can I can I can" through each wave of contractions. They were less than a minute apart for three minutes then I'd get a break briefly. Karly and Eve were setting up the tub/pool when POP! My water exploded! Not even broke it exploded. So they switched plans and came to help me to the bed. But it was too late, I couldn't move. I knew everything that was going on in my body and felt totally confident, however I felt no control of what was going on. "Monkey brain" as Eve called it. :) My body knew what it was doing without my help. I pushed twice and there he was. He had the cord 3 times around his neck, and came so fast it tightened on him the moment he was out. Eve couldn't get great fingers under it and had to spin baby to loosen it and open his airway. It was a very long minute that it took to get him breathing.
His face was bruised from his speedy entrance. Eve had been there 15 minutes total, and Terry was just arriving as baby was. It was amazing. I've never felt so strong and capable in my entire life. I can honestly say I loved this experience. Had you told me when I had my first daughter I'd one day love my home birth I'd have thought you were crazy. But this was way better than my other experiences, or delivering on the side of the road on way to the city.
My husband was there with me holding me and agreeing as I told myself I could do this. And he was there pacing in the smallest room in our house as baby struggled to take that first breath, he's so great. I couldn't have done as well without his support. I wouldn't have even called and had my midwife there in time had it not been for him.
My sweet Jaxon Alexander Thor Fox was my biggest newborn at 8lbs 8 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. And my earliest birth being 4:15am.
It was crazy fast and crazy amazing! 2 days later on n Fathers Day I got the chance to tell my mom all about it. You see that morning she woke up and said "hey if I don't wake up now I'm dying here, and I'm not ready." So she opened her eyes and took out her ventilator.
An emotional weekend to say the least.
I have a son! And I still have my mom! I am blessed.

1 comment: