Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Green White Chili

We went to a super fun birthday party today for our friend Macy. We had a Chili Cook Off! Who'd have thought you'd have chili cook off weather at the end of May, but it was perfect! Cloudy and cool but still warm enough to be hanging out at the park. And the sun even came out halfway through! It was glorious! So for this Chili Cook Off I made up a recipe! I thought it was great so I thought I would share it!
Well first off last week I made a version or the Cafe Rio tomatillo dressing, it's delicious not exactly the same but I still ate it like everyday this week, and I wanted to use it up so I would stop eating it with EVERYTHING. Cilantro does not leave one with very nice smelling breathe :) So I had this idea to use it in a chili, and thats exactly what I did:

  •  About half a spaghetti jar of tomatillo dressing, 
  • 1pound of chicken cubed
  • Cream of Potato soup
  • 1 cup of chicken broth
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 4 oz can green chilies undrained
  • 1 can Great Northern Beans
  • 8 oz Sour Cream
Threw it all into the crockpot, except for the sour cream for 3 hours on high (probably 4-5 on low) just before we left I took about a cup of the soup out and mixed it into the sour cream then whisked it all together. So it's more of a chowder than a chili, but its got a little kick and was delicious! I only got a photo of the leftovers :)
So looks like party people liked it too!!

Also we grilled up some brats this week on the Foreman!

with yellow red orange bell peppers and onions to top them off! So tasty! 

So I have this cute kid too right?! 
Learning the sword like her daddy :)

Palmer Baseball!! We got to go to a game on thursday night! Maia did great for staying up way past her bedtime.

But she really wanted her daddy! She even tried to climb the fence. 
Alas we did not win (we are 0-3 currently) and it was freezing! (how is it almost June?!)
But we had a pretty good time!

Maia in her giraffe pants and piggy tails, on our way to a play date at the park! 
We brought a lunch and Mai pulled that yogurt and spoon out of it and would not put it down until she got to eat it. But it kept her happy to let her hold them!

I made another purse last night. This one is more of a scripture bag or something, Maid sure likes it! 
She found it and started putting things in it, like her sippy cup, her Tangled DVD case and her keys. Mommy's girl :)




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Maia is getting! Every Sunday I see her, she is bigger and bigger. I may have to try this recipe!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete