Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Shopping Poop

Today I took Maia out to shop for her Birthday presents (it’s nice that she is still little enough to forget what I buy her until the big day!) at Toys ‘R’ Us. We picked up a new soothie cord, anyone that has seen hers lately may know that it smells awful, and she started the straining. I thought to myself ‘oh great we just get here so you poop? Oh well I’ll give you a few minutes and then go change you.’ Right? WELL little did I know this kid had a monumental BM headed my way! I took her out of the cart to see if she would walk with this popper walking toy and I noticed some moisture had leaked through to her pants. SO ‘ok it can’t be that bad we’ll go change you and continue our shopping and give the kid a bath later all good.’


We get into the Mothers room there and I take her pants off and completely cover her leg in the poop!! Her onsie is beyond saving so I manage to get that off without getting pooh in her hair (thankfully!) and all I have in my diaper bag for change of clothes is a bib and an extra pair of socks!! Thank goodness she wore layers today! She happened to be wearing a skirt over her jeans, that DID get dirtied but it wasn’t awful, so I cleaned her up best I could and put on the skirt and her sweater and fresh clean socks. I bundled up the dirtiest clothes and set them in their respective corner of the cart and headed towards the clearance section. I noticed some people pointing at my baby and me and commenting how “it’s 20 degrees outside why is that poor little girl in a skirt?” I didn’t respond out loud but inside I was just laughing at my predicament. So I found some pretty cute clearance clothes, doesn’t happen much at that store, and went back to put them on. 


On my way back to the change room I made sure I told an employee what I was doing so they didn’t think I was stealing clothes. It’s just cold, I gotta clothe my baby! SO I took the tags off and kept them out of reach of Maia so that I could pay for them afterwards. Also asked for a separate small bag to put the dirty clothes in so I didn’t get pooh on everything else! The rest of the shopping trip was pretty much a breeze after that!


Here is a photo of the pants she was wearing, they are inside-out here.
DSCF4752 yes I took a picture of poopy pants


When I got them home to rinse off etc there was still MORE pooh in them! I hadn’t gotten it as cleaned out as I thought!! HAHAHA!!! Oh what a day :) 


I laughed about it so much I just had to share; it may be kind of a ‘dirty’ story but I know you all probably got a kick out of it too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. What a trip. Something similar happened to my sister when I was out with her and my niece. While they were in the bathroom getting cleaned up I ran to the clearance clothes and bought something real quick for my niece to wear the rest of the trip. Turns out, she loves wearing the outfit all the time now!

    ReplyDelete